7.02.2008

Weekend in DC and a new sister-in-law

Last weekend we went to DC, which is about an hour drive from us, for mike and courtney's wedding. It was a lot of fun and really hot but not just hot, humid hot!! Everyone claims it was hotter than our wedding but I disagree.

We first got there on Thursday and met up with the Fam who had already been sight seeing for a couple of hours. I don't know how they did it for so long that day bc after about 10 min i was already sweating like crazy and ready to be out of the sun. But instead we walked to the Lincoln memorial and then to the Arlington Cemetery. The Arlington cemetery was pretty cool because it is where tons of military soldiers are buried, where the tomb of the unknown soldier is, and also where JFK is buried. That picture to the left is taken in the Arlington cemetery it is just this really big stone chair in the middle of a huge amphitheaters, i think.

Friday we went to the capital and took a tour. It was really long mostly because i was starving! After that we went to union square to get food and i had the most amazing hot dog. It had coleslaw on it which is probably the best combination ever...mmm. A little weird i know but oh well its good! Friday was also the rehearsal dinner for the wedding and it was at a forest/park that was really pretty! As we were about to start eating it starting raining and then the raining turned into pouring!! Everyone was trying to hide under trees and umbrellas, it was coming down pretty hard. Luckily it finally cleared up and didn't rain the rest of the time we were there. I saw fireflies for the first time that night, they are really cool from a distance but not so cool when madden and mason are trying to throw them on me, ugh i hate bugs!

Saturday was the wedding at the DC temple of course it was hot but mike and courtney looked so happy i couldn't help but think about when me and tim got married, it has been 10 months which doesn't sound like a long time but it has felt like it has been longer, in a good way. Everyone told us that our wedding last September was hotter but i don't believe it, the humidity made me sweat so much! The boys were seersucker suits which were to help with the heat because they are a lot thinner than a tux and i liked the way they turned out, tim looks so cute in the suit. The reception was really close by and the food was amazing! If you don't know already i love food! They had all sorts of lemonades for drinks and my favorite was the strawberry lemonade it was so sugary and tasted almost like melted sherbet. The main food they served was really good, tim liked the steak the best but my favorite part was the fruit table. They had all types of fruit with all types of toppings. I love strawberries and so of course i loaded my plate with strawberries, whipped cream, and lots of chocolate sauce. oh it was so good my mouth is watering. After we ate tim, bill, emily, mason, madden, and I went out to mike and courtney's car and decorated it, we tried not to be too mean but we wanted to make it look good. Tim wants me to mention this alligator pinata which he bought and thought was funny because it matched the colors of the wedding and because they went to Mexico on their honeymoon, so he thought it was perfect. It was a lot of fun and i think it turned out good . Mason and madden could not wait for mike and courtney to see there car so tim got this shot of their very surprised reaction when they finally saw the car. I think madden and mason have the best looks on their faces, they love the work they put into the car and they were just so excited. The reception was really pretty and really fun. I just wonder if i will be able to get tim to wear his suit again...

5 comments:

SAM and RACHEL said...

i like the suit....he should definatly where it this week to church....
and i'm glad you are back

Chiara said...

We miss you already! Thanks for the fun!! I'm glad you finally added a new post! ;)- We can make the boys wear their suits next time we are all together again. They'd LOVE to be matching at church....right?!?!? hahaha

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures. Tim does look very nice (I was going to say cute, but thought he might not like that, but I meant cute in a good way haha) in his suit. I hope it was not as hot as your wedding for their sakes and for the photos. haha I can't believe it will be a year for you two soon. We all miss you very much. I am glad you are moving closer but really not close enough but I have been clear how I feel about that. haha Send some more photos. Talk to you soon.

MF said...

Thanks for coming, again!
You guys are fantastic. Thanks for your help and for being so great with how things rolled. I'm glad you liked some of the food at the wedding, too. I thought it was delicious.

MF said...

Here are some pictures from the wedding:
http://leopatrone.instaproofs.com/collection.php?event=43764
There you go. There are some fun ones.