It has been 1 month now that we have moved to southern california and lots has happend!! First we had to drive from baltimore to southern califrornia. Luckily we were able to stop in kansas city, to see tim's dad. We also stopped in salt lake city, to see tim's mom. The stops really made it a lot easier, i was dreading the drive and writting this now is making me remember how awful of a drive it was!! I hate being in a car for so long.
Once we finally got to southern california we drove to our apartment which we had never seen. Mary checked out our apartment for us since we were so far away. I was so glad that she was able to do that!! We really didn't have much to move into our apartment because we were lacking a couch, a bed, a table, and a fridge. It was a really bare apartment for a really long time. Luckily we found a good deal on a couch and a bed so we only had to sleep on an air matress for about a week. We eventually found a fridge on craigs list, its in really good shape and a really good deal; we were glad to finally be able to go grocery shopping. It was a slow process but our apartment finally looks like a real apartment. It made a huge difference.
Right away i started looking for a job because unlike tim, who is going to school in fullerton, i really have nothing else to do. I really wanted to work for disney because i think that they are a great company and they also give great benefits, but unfortunetly they weren't hiring at all and i was really sad. After disney was a dead end i started looking pretty much everywhere else. I had an interview with hyatt to be the operator, which i have done before at BYU-Idaho. I was offered the job and i am really excited because i get great discounts and it is a really easy job!! It is the hyatt at huntington beach, which means it is right across the street from the beach and has an amazing view!! I like it so far but i have only been working for 2 weeks.
Since we have been in southern california we have been to the beach lots and we also went to this hot dog place called pinks. It was on food network because it sells really popular hot dogs and it has been around for a really long time. A lot of their hot dog selections are odd but i think that is what makes them so popular, we waited in a really long line but it was really good!
That is pretty much all that is going on right now. Well the major things at least, i think i have filled in the gaps for the last month or so.
5 comments:
wow....i clicked on your link and was taken by suprise at a new post! good to hear you guys are alive! what are you guys doing over christmas/new years? we want to do something fun during the little break but havn't come up with much within our price range....but cali's not too far from us....
Itsaboutime.
Seriously - it's about time you updated this! I literally check your blog every stinking morning when I'm working and BORED and you never seem to help me stay entertained....thanks!! ;)-
Miss you guys!
Yay for having a refrigerator!
I miss you so much! We haven't talked forever! So i am planning on coming with America for Halloween and I am so excited! Love you!
Post a Comment