11.18.2008

Books

At my job sometimes it can kind of get boring. I just answer the phones and direct the calls, there is a lot of down time. Since we are not really allowed to go online i decided that i should start reading books. When i went home i borrowed about 17 books from my family. I have read 6, and already i have read some really good books. the first book was glass castle written by jeannette walls. It was her biography about how her family moved around a lot and her parents became homeless in new york city.

Next was from the corner of his eye written by dean koontz which was a thriller (i think that's a good category to call it but i'm not sure) it was spooky because the main bad guy was extremely evil. Then, love walked in written by marisa de los santos which was a love story of course. It made me want to have a baby. the shack written by william p. young which was a creative story about God. It was really interesting and definitely thought provoking. So far my favorite has been forgive me by amanda eyre ward. I really enjoyed this book. It talked about the history in Africa. I really enjoyed it! The book i just finished is the wednesday letters written by jason f. wright. It was a great love story mostly about a funeral but with a happy ending.

I have learned that my favorite kind of book is a book that talks about true events mixed with a fictional story. I like learning new things as i am reading, like in the book angels and demons. I also like books that are about 200-300 pages because sometimes i lose interest in books. I just have a short attention span. I have lots of books to go but i am really excited that i have the time to read these books!

3 comments:

Mary said...

I about died when I saw that you wrote 2 post within a few days of each other...or even in the same month! Now that is impressive.

Lisa said...

I'm glad you posted this because I've been trying to think of some good books to read since I have way too much time on my hands right now, and have seriously been drawing a blank. I just might go to the library tomorrow now and pick up one or two of your suggestions--keep the reviews coming for the rest you read!

Chiara said...

Have you read the Twilight series? Or are you one of those people boycotting those books!! ;)-