3.27.2011

I figured I'd write a little update, finally. I went into labor Friday, the 18th, at about 11:30. I had been having back contractions all day but I didn't really realize it. I just thought my back hurt. When I went to bed I couldn't get comfortable because of my back. I was hoping I was going into labor, it was hard to tell though since the contractions were only in my back. Since I couldn't fall asleep I got up and did my hair, added some things to my hospital bag, did my makeup, and timed my contractions. They were coming in a really weird pattern, I would have three contractions and then a big break. I still wasn't sure if I should go to the hospital. Well I could only wait 2 hours and then I woke up Tim. I just figured I wanted to be close to the epidural instead of fighting it out at home if these contractions were going to elevate. My weird contraction pattern continued and so as they got closer together it was awful bc I would have 3 contractions back to back and then a couple minute break. So after a few big contractions I was begging for an epidural. After I got the epidural life was good. Things seemed to slow down but I didn't care I wasn't hurting. Fast forward 10 hours and it's time to start pushing. I didn't really get any sleep so I was exhausted to start with. I had to push for 3 hours and it was because my skin wouldn't stretch out. They finally had to get me an epistiotomy, ugh, the doctor wouldn't even tell me how many stitches she put in, ugh. Needless to say her head looked like a football when she came out.

Tim had decided on a name probably 2 days earlier, Sadie Rose Fronce (SRF) was born March 19th at 4:58 pm 8 lbs 20 3/4 inches. She has a very small amount of hair, blue eyes, and everyone says she looks like Tim. She loves sucking on her hands and sleeping while Tim holds her. We are still exhausted and I'm shocked how many diapers we've used all ready but being a Mom is fun. Other random info: my acid reflux automatically went away, my belly button is slowly becoming an inny again, and I think that chocolate gives Sadie gas which is super depressing bc how can I go without chocolate- especially at Easter time. I'll post pictures soon, but I hardly ever make it to the computer.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Congrats! She's a cutie. I love the name Sadie!