12.09.2008
Reflections of Christ
Last sunday we went to a fireside that our stake put together. It was an awesome experience. It was centered around the Christmas devotional which is always something I look forward to this time of year. Our stake also added a lot of musical numbers which were well put together but they were in place of the mormon tabernacle choir which was disappointing because I LOVE their christmas stuff, it is amazing! The highlight of the night was an art exhibit called Reflections of Christ. A photographer had his art work on exhibit and they were absolutely stunning! We attended because we are ward missionaries and everyone was encouraged to being someone not of our faith to join in this wonderful experience. Our job was to make sure a dvd played continuously. It was a movie of how the photographer, mark mabry, created his photographs. All of the photographs tell about the life of our Savior. It starts with angels and ends with the Resurrection. I really enjoyed the art because it just added a realness that made me feel so close to my Savior and His life. It was such a moving experience and many of the photos are really spectacular. Now that I have immensely talked all of this up there are two things to look at, first there is a video that shows some of his work to the music "come thou fount." Second I have attached a link that shows all of his pictures. It's a great thing to look at during this season.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment