6.23.2009

Tim's Birthday

On Sunday it was Tim's birthday! He turned 27!!! Tim doesn't really get a lot of free time during the summer. So this year we planned on doing a BBQ and playing games with a few other couples who are working with us this summer. It is really hard to plan things during the summer since I never know when Tim is going to be done with work but luckily he got home at a decent time on Saturday. We BBQ'd shish kabobs and they were really good, but the weather was pretty cold the whole time we were outside.


After eating Nick and Tim were trying to see if they could stick a whole cupcake in their mouth. For Tim this is a common occurrence, this is basically the way he always eats cupcakes (and Krispy's) but for Nick it was a lot harder because he has a very small mouth.

I think the highlight of the night was a unicorn Pinata that Matt and Jessica brought for Tim. It was so much fun watching Tim try and break that thing! We had to improvise a little with it though. We hung it outside off of the stairs at our apartment complex and the neighbors probably hate us now! We also had to use a shower curtain rod instead of a bat and a blanket as the blind fold. When he did break the pinata a lot of the candy broke also.
Since it was so cold we wanted to get inside fast so we went back to our apartment and played apples to apples. It is such a fun game especially with a big group, we played for about 2 hours. That game is just so entertaining! One quick side note, I ended up with the most green cards -which is a good thing-, I pretty much blew everyone else out of the water. Not like i'm competitive or anything I just thought you should know how good I am at that game....sometimes.

Although the BBQ and games were really fun and everything worked out really well (Thank you Danielle!!) I think Tim's favorite part about his birthday was the present from his Mom. She sent him Tiger Woods Golf 2010 for our Wii. I know he is so excited about this game and will become a pro at in no time, which essentially means he probably won't go to bed until about 3am for a couple weeks till he is a pro!

1 comment:

America said...

yay Happy Birthday Tim!