11.17.2010

Halloween

I am still a little behind with our posts. This year for Halloween everyone left us. My family went to Southern California. We were invited but Tim is in school and its pretty impossible to take any time off. Our ward had a trunk or treat activity a week before Halloween. The night it was planned for had a forecast for rain. So instead of doing the trunk or treating outside they moved everything inside. When I found this out I begged Tim to do a Haunted Hallway for the kids. Basically, for those of you who have never experienced a Haunted Hallway, its a creation Tim and his roommates did each Halloween in college. They would convert their apartment hallway, which was very long, into a mini haunted house. It was always really fun and I thought the kids would love it!

Surprisingly, Tim was very reluctant, possibly because he wasn't used to creating something for 8 year old's. We set up our Haunted Classroom in two primary rooms and it was a pretty short and very dark maze that the kids had to go through and earn their candy. It involved crawling, walking through creepy fishing line hanging from the ceiling, and being scared multiple times. At the very end when they thought all they had to do was grab their candy and run for the door they were scared by the "dead guy" aka Tim hiding under the a tarp or "sleeping in his grave." Seeing the scared faces was just so fun!!! I loved it because I got to hide behind a corner and scare each kid! I loved seeing the scared faces!!! It was a huge success and I think Tim was really glad I made him do it considering we won the contests for best decorated room and got a $50 Mimi's cafe gift card. This was our only opportunity to dress up so I was a witch and Tim was a soccer ref. I just really wanted to wear this super long wig which you can't really see in the picture, it made it really hard for people to recognize me which is always fun.

On Halloween we carved pumpkins, I haven't carved a pumpkin since we have been married. Unfortunately, we have a stupid squirrel that loves to eat pumpkin seeds and destroys any pumpkin that gets put out on our porch. After our candles melted our pumpkins became fair game for the squirrel and he didn't waste anytime looking for the seeds that weren't in our beautifully carved pumpkins. However, this still didn't discourage the squirrel because he ruined our pumpkins anyway. Stupid squirrel. My pumpkin is on the left, I cheated and used a cut out. Tim on the other hand did his all freehand and I'm glad I used a printout because I had no idea I was going to be displaying my pumpkin next to a pro's pumpkin.

2 comments:

Chiara said...

hahaha - Bill is a pumpkin carving pro too....i think it is in the genes somewhere?!?! I swore out loud when my boys opened your Halloween card IN MY CAR. And of course they were so excited that they opened it with some serious quickness and that d@mn confetti went EVERYWHERE!! I almost thought about leaving it there and saving it for you guys to clean up when you visit next time! ;)-

marvalyn said...

Stupid Squirrel!! All three of the Fronce brothers are pretty talented pumpkin carvers. I must say-as their proud Mother... It's in the genes! Love the pictures, and your costumes