12.19.2008

turkey (part 2)

We finally cooked the turkey we got from Hyatt at thanksgiving time. Lately I have had a lot more time off of work, because of the economy- blah blah blah, so we decided to cook the turkey this week. Tim was really nervous about the whole thing because it was the first time either of us has cooked a turkey. Also I don't like turkey and Tim wanted me to like this turkey so he wanted to make sure he didn't mess it up. First Tim called Mike to get tips which I think really helped, we also watched a Conan episode that had a cooking lesson on cooking a turkey, it was funny but not very helpful. We defrosted it which takes forever, I didn't know. Then added the marinade, and finally we cooked it. I wasn't supposed to work today but at the last minute I had to work for a girl who called in sick so we had a thanksgiving-ish lunch. A couple days earlier I made my favorite rolls and we had stuffing...mmm so good! The turkey tasted amazing and it was really really moist which is always important!! Tim did an excellent job especially for his first turkey, if i would have made it something would have caught on fire for sure, especially if we would have used the fryer!

6 comments:

Tyler said...

I cooked my first turkey this year for Thanksgiving too. It was a disaster, we had no idea what we were doing and rush-defrosted it. I just doused it with butter and jammed it in the oven for a few hours, surprisingly it came out awesome and tasted really good. Everyone was impressed, I was just relieved. Haha. Fun times!

Chiara said...

Rubber gloves?!?! Are you serious Tim!?!? You CHICKEN!! ;)- hahaha!

America said...

I love that you watched an episode of Conan to help you learn how to make a Turkey haha that make me giggle with delight.

Mary said...

Whoa, look at you changin up your blog without someone bugging you to update. I'm slightly impressed. Just slightly.

Mary said...

Oh, why don't you blog about our cheese experience? That was fun.

MF said...

Go on! Way to go Slim!