11.18.2010

Names

I still have 114 days left of this pregnancy which is about 4 months and we have been thinking a lot about names. I never knew that this would be so hard. Me and Tim have hit a wall. I have picked a name that I LOVE! I REALLY love it. I need help. Tim has a semi ok reason not to like it but I just can't stop thinking about this name. I am trying to move on but it is really hard and every other name I hear just isn't good enough. So I wanna know should I just get over it or should Tim get over his reasons? Here's the story:

The name I like is Rella. It sounds just like it is spelled. Now you have to say it out loud a couple times...Rella, Rella, Rella. It is Rella like Cinderella. When I was a gymnastics teacher I heard this name and I have loved it ever since. I love that it is unique but its not super weird. Also its part of a princesses name which is awesome! Really what girl doesn't want to feel like a princess? So its unique, pretty, and Tim hates it.

The reason he hates it: When he was in high school or something I guess he played a video game that had zombies. So his friends would imitate the zombies by making a relllllllllalala noise. He says to him each time he even tries to say Rella he has to change his tone of voice. Ugh I am so annoyed writing this post. Kinda dumb reason, right? He'll forget about it, right?? He'll just replace these memories with ones of his beautiful daughter, right?

Its not like its an ugly name, its pretty and feminine. So I have been trying to think of other reasons to help me get over this name.

1. The name Bella is really popular right now so everyone will probably just think her name is Bella instead of Rella. People never really listen, people always think my name is Jennifer. Crazy right?!

2. Well I don't have another reason. That's it.

What should I do? Give up, move on? Has everyone been ruined by the zombie story? Is that what all of you are going to think now if we do name her Rella? I have to admit I just keep falling more in love with the name as I write this. HELP!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I like the name! Especially after I followed directions and said it out loud a few times :). So I definitely would never think of zombies, and that does seem like a kind of silly reason to not pick a name. But on the other hand, if the association truly makes him not like the name (not just think of zombies, but actually not like it), then it may be a little tricky to look past.

I really like it though, so I hope Tim can work it out :).

Chiara said...

hahahaah - let the joys begin! Dumb boys that think they have a say in our childrens name that WE carry for 9 months, and that WE give birth to.....silly men! ;)- Tim always made fun of me that I had to EXPLAIN why I named my kids what I did....I think he may now understand a little bit! :) I think Rella is cute. I really do. I'm all for unique-er sounding names. But just be a good wife and let Tim name her Jordan! ;)- hahaha! Good luck you guys! Naming a child is NOT easy!